Lutheran Pioneers exists to assist congregations in nurturing and training boys in the Lord, so that they will remain faithful to Him and faithfully serve Him throughout their lives.
Our Goals and Objectives
To achieve our mission, Lutheran Pioneers provides materials and training that assists in conducting a ministry under the direction of the Pastor and congregation that:
- Through devotions and interaction, proclaims the gospel of Jesus Christ and teaches obedience to all He has commanded.
- Is of interest to preteen and adolescent youth.
- Teaches useful skills (both historical and modern) for living in God’s world.
- Teaches understanding of God’s creation and our role within it.
- Cultivates Christian leadership skills.
- Encourages fellowship with Christians.
- Encourages serving our Lord by providing opportunities to serve our fellowman in our family, neighborhood, church and community.
- Seeks to keep boys involved in the church by faithful service to our Lord through their teen and adult years.
Why We Call Them TRAINS
Congregations that participate in the Lutheran Pioneer Ministry are chartered and called TRAINS (we needed to call them something rather than just “group”, and TRAIN relates to our heritage). Trains are assigned a Train number that is theirs from then on. Should the program become dormant for a time and then reactivates, the same Train number is used as before.
Membership in the Lutheran Pioneer Ministry involves a base fee for each Train. This fee is used solely for the expenses of running the organization, which includes the necessary insurances, web hosting, postal expenses, software, etc. The organization has no employees, and no physical location.
Buying any item from these stores does NOT provide ANY financial support to Lutheran Pioneers. Logo gear is made available as a way for all of us to promote Lutheran Pioneer Adventures. LP does not take a cut. We are trying to keep your cost down so that you will use the logo gear and promote Lutheran Pioneer Adventures.
Want to support Lutheran Pioneers? Make a tax-deductible donation!